Swedish massage is the most common and best-known type of massage in the West. If it's your first time at the spa or you don't get massage very often, Swedish massage is the perfect massage for you.
Swedish massage therapy is very effective at relieving anxiety and is often used to help alleviate the symptoms of stress and depression. The pressure applied during the massage relaxes tight muscles and relieves tension. Swedish massage also promotes healthy sleep, which is one more way it helps the body heal itself. This in turn can support the healthy function of the immune system, relieve anxiety and depression, and support energy levels.
The movements and firm pressure involved in Swedish massage affect all systems in the body, including soft tissues such as muscles and ligaments and also nerves and even glands. You aren’t just getting a great muscle rub when you have a Swedish massage. The functioning of the lymph system is encouraged as the muscles are stimulated and relaxed. Pressure is applied to your muscles in movements that are in tune with the natural flow of blood back to your heart.
Please note, Una Beaute and Spa incorporate an Infra-Red Treatment into the massages.
Infrared deep heat therapy detoxifies the body by stimulating perspiration at a comfortable temperature to reduce the body's level of acid and waste residue such as toxins, cholesterol, sodium, alcohol, and heavy metals including lead, mercury, aluminium, cadmium, and fat soluble toxins.
Infrared deep heat therapy provides pain relief for certain conditions including:
- Chronic lower back pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal disorders
- Muscle tension
- Other muscular and skeletal ailments
- Old age stiffness and soreness
Full body massage (1 hour) £25.00
Back, neck and shoulder (30 minutes) £13.00
Head, neck and shoulder (30 minutes) £10.00
Hot Stone Therapy
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage where the therapist uses smooth, heated stones, either as an extension of their own hands, or by placing them on the body while they massage other parts of the body. The heat can be both deeply relaxing and help warm up tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply, more quickly.
Benefits of hot stone massage:
A good way to manage stress. Studies show that stress is the number one root of a lot of diseases and disorders. Whether it's stress from work, home or daily activities, the result is the same: too much stress can lead to health problems. And because we can never run away from it, the only way to deal with it is to manage stress efficiently. A hot stone massage offers some relaxing time for your mind and does wonders in releasing muscular tension. Thus this is one of the best ways to relieve you of stress.
2. Effective in muscle relaxation. The heat in the stones is effective in enabling the muscles to loosen up and relax. This makes it easier for deep tissue manipulation.
3. Improves health conditions. More and more doctors are beginning to recommend this therapy as part of medical treatment of a lot of health problems such as Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension and muscular-skeletal problems.
4. Allows better sleep. It's really hard to get a good quality sleep when you're over fatigued. With the relaxation you get from this therapy, it makes it easier for you to doze off into a deep sleep which your body needs to recuperate from daily fatigue. This is why people who have Insomnia are often advised to get this therapy.
5. Relieves pain. Manipulation of muscles can significantly reduce muscle spasm and give comfort to painful muscles so those who suffer from back pains or muscle aches often go for this therapy.
6. Improves blood circulation and flow of energy. The stones are placed on key points of your body known as energy centers which are sometimes clogged or blocked.1 Hour Hot Stone Therapy £35.00
30 Mins Hot Stone Therapy £20.00
Hopi Ear Candling Hopi Ear Candling (also known Thermal Auricular Therapy) is a pleasant and non-invasive treatment of the ears, it is used to offer real and calming benefits for many problems and conditions associated with the ear, nose and throat areas. The therapy is widely used by doctors in Europe and America as an alternative to conventional treatments such as antibiotics, ear syringing and grommets. A Hopi ear candle treatment is a deeply relaxing, calming and soothing experience.
How do Hopi Ear Candles work?
The process of Hopi candling involves a specially designed hollow candle being inserted just inside the ear canal. The Hopi candle is then lit and the suction that is formed draws secretion flow is gently stimulated and the vapour collects and removes impurities or deposits. Often referred to as the ‘chimney’ effect. The rising air gives the ear drum a gentle massage and also helps to regulate ear pressure. This is soothing, calming and protects the irritated areas.
The Hopi Ear Candling has been known to benefit from the following:
Headaches; Compacted Ear Wax; Tinnitus; Asthma; Post Diving Pressure; Anxiety; Migraine; Sore Throats; Catarrh; Vertigo; Post Flying Pressure; Stress; Hay Fever; Colds; Glue Ear; Bell's Palsy; Snoring; Influenza; Sinusitis; Neuralgia; Balance Problems
Hopi Ear Candling Treatment £15.00